Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Joys Abundance

This past Sunday I was sitting in our Sunday school class, and I realized I had a smile on my face.

It was just there. 

Simply present but meaning so much.

More often than I like to admit, this is a struggle for me in life.
To just smile. To just enjoy.

As I sat there, I thought back over the day before.  
I felt so much happiness and joy.  
I reviewed what I did that might have instilled in me this beautiful feeling. 
Let's see........
  • I had been in my kitchen. 
  • Joy abounds in there, but it really abounds when I am able to provide for others with the fruit of my labors.
  • I had spent the weekend with MV and PV around home and just enjoying some much needed family time.
  • I listened to my 5 year old read to me.
  • Caramel popcorn was ate while watching HGTV on a loveseat all 3 warm and snuggly! (I dread the day when PV is too big or doesn't want to sit with us.)
  • My daughter asked me to watch my beautiful grandaughter later in the week!
  • Received videos of said grandaughter singing, talking, and dancing!
  • Giggles with the 5 year old.
  • Feeling accomplished because I FINALLY cleaned out the closet and made my husband happy!
  • I spent time in my craft closet making Christmas gifts and helping PV create one of her own.
  • I made a new craft I never had before!
What I didn't do probably aided as well in the abundance of joy!
  • I didn't think about my daily job, every second and worry what was around the next corner.
  • I didn't get upset when the house wasn't perfectly cleaned.
  • I didn't get too upset when cleaning out my closet and found a large pile of clothes that no longer fit, due to being too small.

I started this post Tuesday morning, it's now Wednesday morning. The sounds of two little gals playing with Barbies is in the other room, well who wouldn't smile at that? 

In this season of Thanksgiving, JOY is one of the most important things to be thankful for I think.

Writing this post helped me to perhaps put into more perspective what really does bring me joy, ignites my passion within, and what is most important.  I need to keep that in the forefront of my mind I do believe!

Thank you for spending some time here at In Between the Sunsets of Life.

I hope JOY is in your day, your week, your life.  

Julie
PS: One of the best feelings yesterday for me..... was having this little joy come through my front door, squeal with joy, GRANDMA JUUUUUULIE , and run towards me in excitement.  My dad gives some pretty great hugs, he never let's go first, but he's got some competition with this little gal.  ES, she squeezes so tight, you can feel it deep in your bones! :) Smiling like crazy remembering it now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!