So if you have some zucchini we recommend you try this lovely fritter! I would make them thinner so the inside is sure to get done. We will be making this one again in the future no doubt!
Enjoy and Thanks for stopping by!
Julie & Milton
Zucchini Fritters ( Click the name and you can pin it from their website!)
Soy Dipping Sauce
· 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
· 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
· 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
· Crushed red pepper flakes
· 1 1/2 pounds zucchini (about 3 medium), grated
· 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for seasoning
· 1 large egg
· 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
· 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
· 1 tablespoon cornstarch
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Preparation Soy Dipping Sauce
· Mix vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and a pinch of red pepper flakes in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
· Place zucchini in a colander set in the sink and toss with 1/2 teaspoons salt. Let stand 10 minutes, then wring zucchini dry in a clean kitchen towel. Place zucchini in a large bowl and gently mix in egg, flour, chives, and cornstarch; season with salt and pepper.
· Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in 2 batches, drop 1/4-cupfuls zucchini mixture into skillet, flattening slightly; cook until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fritters to a paper towel–lined plate; season with salt. Serve with soy dipping sauce.
· DO AHEAD: Fritters can be made 30 minutes ahead. Keep warm in a 200° oven.