Monday, December 22, 2014

Cinnamon Apples

My mother had mentioned that she hadn't had Cinnamon Apples in a long time and they sounded good.  So I decided we would make them for our family Christmas gathering. Actually to be honest, my husband made them.  I was busy setting up the house!













I thought since it had been awhile since we shared a recipe here on the blog from the Entertaining Kitchen I would share this one. Hope you enjoy!

Cinnamon Apples

6-7 apples
1 Cup sugar
3 Tbls. water
6 oz. pkg. cinnamon red hots

Peel and core apples in fourths.  Put in heavy stew post.  Add all ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes or until apples are tender.




1 comment:

  1. This is one of our families favorite fall dishes, only we don't add the sugar. When I'm take them to basket dinners etc, I find that people just let them set, until someone finally tries them, then everyone wants to go get some! Yes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!