Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Crafting for Friends

One of my friends asked me to make a bible verse for her home out of vinyl on my Cricut.  I haven't done this much, but I jumped at the chance!  

She happens to be that friend in my life that tends to push me and challenge me.  I'm not sure she knows that but it's a good thing! So I'm not sure why I thought this would be any different! 

Of course I wanted it to be perfect.  Number one because she is my friend, and number two because it was going to be displayed in her home.  

When I say displayed, I mean walk in the door, turn slightly and smack it's in your eyesight!

The first thing I did was cut the first word of the verse out of cardstock in various fonts.  I mailed it to her and before I knew it she had chose a font!  It was time for me to get to work!

I decided to practice by cutting it out of brown vinyl, remember the perfectionist mindset? I now have a couple lines of the verse, maybe I will finish it and figure out a way to use it or gift it! :)

Since she lives in another state, I had to send her photos to make sure it looked ok.  Here is what I sent her. 














I thought the verse was the longest in the bible while cutting it!  I was incorrect.  There's a longer one!

My display isn't even close to how pretty it is in her home.  I am so glad that she is able to share God's word, not only with her family members, but everyone that comes to her home.

If you would like to see how she displayed it, be sure to click on the link below.  Go ahead, it's pretty cool!

Thee Angel Project - Write them on the doors.

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Love! Really. I had actually considered digging out a sleeping bag and just parking myself in front of it for the night just so I could stare at it some more. Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!