Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Inspiration


As I sit in my kitchen, reading posts by other bloggers, I feel inspired. Not inspired to make the soup that I need to for church tonight, or to edit the pictures of sorting cattle for my own blog post, but something more.

I feel inspired to think, feel, and help.

Help people that aren't anywhere near my rural address in the middle of Kansas.  I feel inspired to go hug my little girl a little tighter than she would prefer.  I feel inspired to buy things online that would aide those in struggling times, or buy a tshirt to help pay medical expenses of a sick child, or even become completely engulfed  in my husband's way of life of farming.

Inspiration comes in many forms, don't you agree?  Depending on the type of person you are, it varies.  With me, it can be anything from witnessing an act of kindness (and not being the recipient) or reading a blog post,  hearing a song, listening to my husband and daughter have a conversation, the list goes on!

I wonder, do you ever get so inspired you almost feel like you will burst if you can't release it, or do some sort of act to help others?

I do.

As I have gotten older, and perhaps most of you knew this at a younger age than I, but when I am inspired and I pursue where I am being led, I grow.  I grow within, which then extends outward I think.

Sometimes, I let fear keep me from growing though.  (Ok, it's probably more often then just "sometimes".)

You know, like the act of learning to drive a tractor or not asking that question in bible study, or pursuing a new career, or even volunteering with the elderly.  It's hard to get past that fear.  It's hard to grow sometimes.

I'm curious. What do you do to get past that bout of fear, to get to the other side? What helps you to help others, inspire those around you, or enable you to feel that peace upon conquering a new task a hand?

Thanks for stopping by and allowing me to think out loud! :)

Until next time,
Julie

2 comments:

  1. In regard to any fears about volunteering or stepping out of my comfort zone to help others, I just remind myself how incredibly blessed I am. It's the least I could do to help someone less fortunate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!