Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What's It Like?


I was asked this simple question this week by a lovely lady during our bible study.  It's a simple question, but I stumbled as I gave her an answer as I wasn't expecting to be asked that.  My answer was pretty simple, but after pondering it a few days, I come to find that my answer is so much more.  So hence... a blog post!   

You are probably wondering what "it" is, right?  Well, you might recall from this post that I spoke of my faith and how I didn't come to know Christ until early in my adult life.  The lady that asked me the question, and pretty much everyone else in the room (as far as I know) was raised in a faith based home from birth. So she was asking me what it was like since I was not.   

Peace.

That's the word I kept repeating.  

Accepting Jesus as my Savior has brought me a great deal of peace, but so much more as well. I've listed a few below.
  • That part of me I felt "missing" from a young age, it's no longer there.
  • My emotions are often heightened more now than before when worshiping and I understand what communion really means and it is more meaningful.
  • I am less nervous when the subject of religion comes up in a discussion. 
  • I no longer feel lonely in my daily life.
  • Although he was always with me in my life, he has recently aided me in healing some dark parts of it. I really do not believe I could have done that without coming to know HIM.
  • Prayer is daily and often.
  • When I see someone, I try to push past the "hardness" they might be presenting, and welcome them in, when before I may not have made that kind of effort.
  • Everything seems easier to endure, even the extreme struggles, because I know, he will care for me and my family.
  • His word has taught me how to be a better wife and mother, absolutely no doubt! (still a work in progress of course!)
  • That although at times, I think a path is what I want and best for me, I soon come to realize I am incorrect. Because HE takes me somewhere else! (In particular, two of His choices for me, I have to say, have been the best ones of my entire life. Ones that I absolutely did not plan on!)
  • That bringing a smile to someone else's day, with or without their knowledge you aided in the event, is SO much more satisfying to my soul!
  • I have learned that HIS love for me, is a GIFT.  I did nothing to deserve it.
The last one, I truly did not comprehend or believe (per say), until this past year.  There is so much more to learn and become, I now welcome God's challenges and joyous journey's into my life.  For I know, I am not alone. Not only is HE with me,  but many of HIS lovely people to aide me in this path HE has chosen.

I thank you for allowing me to express my love of Christ and for stopping by my "little blog".  May your day be filled with grace, peace, and mercy!

Julie




2 comments:

  1. Terrific post Julie! It has always seemed like God was a given for me. I don't have a time before Him, nor do I want a time after. Reading along as you share this though makes me value all the more the gift, not just of His love, but of KNOWING His love for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    Thank you for commenting, I really enjoy readers comments! I feel fortunate to have found His love and am thankful that I can share it with others.

    Thank you also for linking back to my post from yours.

    http://www.dandelionspicked.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-love-of-ruth.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!