Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wheat Harvest 2015 - Kansas Style - 3

June 22, 2015

The farmwife started her day by going for a short walk at 6:00 am.  I wanted to let the farmer sleep just abit longer and I needed to clear my mind.  When I returned of course he was up and I made him a couple eggs for breakfast.  We then headed over to get going for the day. 

Milton started working on the combine to fuel and maintenance it, the grain truck was next to review.  I headed to the elevator leg and started adding up tickets. I enjoy this job and also the fact that in the early morning him and I have some time together working.  
















You can check out our daily stats at the bottom of this post.  It was a pretty good day and the farmer was happy with the results.  My father in law headed to a field to start picking up large bales. They need to be moved to the farm.  Since we bin our own grain at the farm I think I might do a post about how we weigh and unload a truck.  So look for that post in the future!

Our grandkids were able to come out and spend the day with us.  One of them has never experienced wheat harvest so this should be a fun time for all!  They helped me prepare meals, swam, rode in the combine, and read.  These two kiddos and PV have a blast when together!


































Day three stats:

10:00 am started cutting at MV28
Finished MV28, moved to SPVRV28, then to EH28.
Acres approximately harvested
14 truck loads delivered to our bins at home
8234 bushels approximately harvested 
11:00 pm Stopped cutting for day

Meal:  Fried Chicken, Potato Salad, Watergate salad, and Bread.


Opportunities to follow our family farm adventures! Pick one and join the fun!

Facebook Page
Instagram
Pinterest
Emails directly to your inbox! Be sure to sign up in the top right hand corner of blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!