Friday, June 20, 2014

Coffee with the Savior - Sorry I Haven't Called More


"and pray to Me..... "  Jeremiah 29:12


I have found myself, more often than I like to admit, at the end of the day feeling guilty.  The guilt coming from missed opportunities to connect with special people in my life.  Friends that I should have returned calls to or emails to reply back to.  Those missed opportunities, if given more than one chance tend to build up, and the connection we once had is lost.  It's difficult to re-create the connection in a relationship once the time has passed.  Whether it be with a friend, spouse, child, or relative, it's crucial to continue connections in this busy life we all lead now.

Between the laundry and bill paying, children vying for our attention, church responsibilities, Facebook notifications, email dings on our phones, customers needing help,  grocery shopping to be done and so much more, it's easy to place those connections on the back burner of life.

Just as I sometimes put those relationships on the back burner, I do the same with God.  It's wrong, but I do it.   When I'm not in the Word often and nurturing that connection with Him, I tend to begin to think in a manner not becoming.

After reading about  Moses in Exodus 3:11-13 and how he was feeling and acting I didn't feel so alone.  Moses, after making his commitment to God, became unsure and doubtful about his own qualifications.  The wonderful thing about Moses is that he never stopped communicating with God during his "time of doubt". We have that opportunity as well, and we need to keep it at the forefront of our lives.

I encourage you to carve out a period of time each day bring this wonderful friend we have in Jesus at the forefront. But if you find yourself, at the end of the day, laying in bed, feeling guilt.  HE is there.  Ready and waiting to listen to you.  24 hours a day 7 days a week.  No appointment necessary.

I especially liked this paragraph on page 58 of the bible study.

"As we experience God's foregiveness, we also become aware of his unconditional love for us.  When we recognize that we daily live with these gifts, submitting to His plan for our lives becomes possible.  Just as God did with Moses, He reassures us that our relationship with Him is not about what we can do, but about what God does in and through us.  He does not want our doubts to keep us from Him.  God takes every part of us - our failures and our future uncertainties - and uses every part of our lives for good.  In doing so,  He grows our eternal friendship with Him (Philippians 1:6)."

How did that paragraph feel to you?  I found it to be moving, reassuring, and encouraging to say the least.  He allows us to apologize, ask for forgiveness, and move forward.  It allows us to know that no matter what God is with us, He forgives us, and He will continue to work good in us.

Although our connection with friends, spouses, children, and relatives is important, the relationship we build with our Lord is most important.  It makes the joys of life that much sweeter and the sadness of life easier to bear.

So no matter how you are feeling or how busy you are today, take some time to connect with the ultimate friendship.  Take the time to pour your heart out to our Lord and reap the benefits.  Even when you doubt, continue to communicate to Him. I plan to really try, how about you?

Dear Heavenly Father,

We take this time to open our hearts and minds to you, to allow you to use us at your will.  We praise you and thank you for all that is in our lives.  We apologize and ask for forgiveness for the times we have not called on you more.  May we be your clay and you the potter.  Gracious Father, we also ask that you be with those in the recent storm related circumtances and those in harvest mode.  We pray safety and grace to all.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I think part of the issue that I sometimes have, (if I may say without getting to that point in the study yet...sorry) is that I know He will always be there, so if I don't feel like I have time today, I know He'll be waiting for me tomorrow. This is a sin of which I must repent often! Thank you for the reminder...again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!