Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Roasted Mushrooms in Garlic Parmesan Sauce

I think I have mentioned before how much Milton & I love mushrooms.  Seriously, we do! I can't believe only 1 out of our 3 daughters enjoys these delicious little pods of yumminess!
Can you guess which one???

Well I recently ran across a new scuptious recipe for mushrooms over at 

Seriously, her photos I fell in love with and then when I made this recipe.
I fell in love in with it!

If you like mushrooms you must try this one!


Yields 4 - 6 servings.


Ingredients:

Non-stick cooking spray
16 oz. whole button mushrooms, washed and stems removed
1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
3 - 4 fresh thyme sprigs
1 cup heavy cream
Salt
Pepper
1/4 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Heat cream, garlic and thyme sprigs over medium-low heat in a small saucepan for about 5 minutes.  (Do not bring to a boil.)  Turn off heat and allow to steep while you proceed with the next steps.  NOTE I only had dried thyme, I used it, it worked!

Coat a 12" round or 9 x 13" casserole dish with non-stick spray.

Place mushrooms top-side up in one layer in baking dish.  Dot pieces of butter around mushrooms.  Drizzle mushrooms with olive oil.  Sprinkle on a little salt and a good amount of black pepper.


Pour the cream mixture over the mushrooms and bake.
Bake for 30 minutes.

Then turn the oven to 400 degrees, sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
Put back into oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve immediately!

I used the left over cream sauce the next day. 
 I cooked some pasta and put it over that for my lunch.  It was delish! 
 You could make this dish and serve over an entire bowl of pasta too!

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!