This is a new recipe that I took a test run with on this past Saturday.
I must admit I love all things Lemon and who doesn't love alittle Sunshine in their day!
This recipe is pretty simple and comes out tasting lovely!
I made four small loaves. I gave a couple away, and our family enjoyed the other two!
|Ready for the oven!|
I will let you know a hint, when you make it, be sure to
poke enough holes right after
you remove it from the oven to get the glaze deep inside the bread.
That makes the entire bread!
|Baked & ready for the glaze!|
Here's the glaze I mentioned! Doesn't it look yummy???
I hope you enjoy the post today & try the bread... it's refreshing & sweet!
Thanks for stopping by!
Sunshine Lemon Bread
2.5 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 cups sugar
1 Tbls. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup orange juice
(fresh squeezed, I used 1/2 fresh 1/2 storebought)
3/4 cup oil
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1.5 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed)
1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease and flour baking loaf pans.
3. Beat bread ingredients in a large bowl.
4.Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake 35-45 minutes, depending on the size of loaf pan.
5.Remove loaves from oven; pierce bread with fork about every inch.
6. Blend glaze ingredients in a small saucepan.
7. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
8. Spoon half of the glaze over hot cake in pan.
9. Allow bread to stand 10 minutes; invert on bread board or serving plate.
10. Slowly spoon remaining glaze over cake.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 6
If you are wanting to Pin It to Pinterest, please check out the original recipe blogger! I found it at Relunctant Entertainer. It's only fair to share and lead you to the person that first shared it!