Monday, March 18, 2013

Sharing Recipes - Building Memories & a Birthday to Boot!

I love it when I get a gift from someone but especially when it's from someone I don't ever expect getting a gift from!  I have this little gal friend, let's call her Magigail.  By the way she is turning 9 this week!  Well last week I received this lovely little bag with a recipe and super cool drawing on the front of the recipe card!


Check out that artistry! I mean really! Spectacular!


When I peaked in the bag, (because I couldn't wait to see what was inside until I got home that night), I found INGREDIENTS!  Isn't that just awesome!  She gave me the recipe AND some of the ingredients to make a super delish cake!


















Well I decided to make the cake this weekend in honor of Magigail's 9th birthday!  This is to celebrate the existence of her and the fact that she loves to cook as much as me!  I look forward to exchanging recipes with this little gal friend for many years to come!  I think this has begun a trend!  I can see it now, when I am 70 and she  is 37 we should have lots of great recipes! :)

And the best part is, she made sure to let me know that you need to put Strawberries & Whip Cream on it!  THAT made the entire dish.. otherwise it'd just be a big ol' chocolate chip cookie!



















Thank you Magigail!  Tag, I'm it! (on delivering a recipe to you!)

Do you have a recipe that you treasure or that you would like to share?   Feel free to comment below or email to me at betweenthesunsets@ gmail.com!  I love new recipes and will probably feature it!



Thanks for stopping by!
Julie


Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

1 C. Flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 C. Brown Sugar
Egg - 1
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 C. Chocolate Chips

Toppings:
Whipped cream & Fresh Strawberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease pan and put a little flour in it to coat, tap excess out of pan into trash can.

Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.  Beat butter & brown sugar then add with flour mixture.  Put the egg & vanilla in and mix till done.  Then put the chocolate chips in and mix.  Put the mixture in a pan and bake it for 30 minutes.  Let it cool then decorate  with toppings. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!