Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Honey Parmesan Pork Roast


When I was in search of some freezer meal recipes, I ran across Joyously Domestic and found this new recipe that enticed me! 

Honey Parmesan Pork Roast , if you would like to Pin it, please click the link, and pin it from her website.

 Let's get started!

Take these ingredients & a crockpot & you are on your way!




















We seared our meat!



















This is the mixture of ingredients = glaze for the meat!





Ready to cook!














We took the juices and made the gravy!














Now that is a nice piece of meat! :)














Plated! Ready to eat!



























The meat was very tender! Very enjoyable! 

 I did not notice until I reviewed the original bloggers post on it that she made an update just yesterday!  It is below the recipe I have listed.  Ours had a tinge of burnt taste, so in the future I will probably put sauce on part way through, as she has suggested in her update.


I will be putting this recipe into my collection as it is delish and tender and easy! 

Thanks for stopping by!


Julie
















Honey Parmesan Pork Roast


Ingredients:
1 (2 - 3 pound) boneless pork roast (mine was 2.5 pounds)
⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon dried basil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ cup cold water

Directions:
NOTE:  The original recipe did not call for the roast to be seared first on the stove-top in a little oil, but I had already done so and it turned out great.  So, I think it's up to you.
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place roast in slow cooker.
In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt.  (I found the mixture to be a little too thick to pour over the roast [as instructed in the next step of the recipe], so I added in a tad bit of water to the mixture.)
Pour over pork.
Cover and cook on low for 6 - 7 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. (I cover mine with a little foil.)
Skim fat from cooking juices, if needed or desired.  Transfer to a small saucepan.  Bring liquid to a boil.  Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.  Gradually stir into pan.  (I found that I did not need all of the cornstarch slurry.)  Bring to a boil.  Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast and serve with gravy.  (I didn't use all of the sauce.)


UPDATE 3/4/13:  I have had wonderful feedback about this recipe, but also heard that there can possibly be issues with the sauce getting too dark, burnt or dried out by the end of cooking time.  I did note previously within the directions that I added a tad more water to the sauce than the recipe calls for (before pouring over roast) because I felt like it was too thick.  So, that is one suggestion.  Also, I have made this a few different times now.  Twice it was perfect.  Once the sauce was almost burnt (and crumbly) on the top of the roast.  I am thinking that maybe adding the sauce part-way into the cooking of the roast would help this issue.  The roast could get cooking on its own for two or three hours, then pour the sauce over it at that time.  If you've tried it, I would love to hear how the recipe turned out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!