Saturday, December 8, 2012

Grilled Cheese with a Twist!

Ok! I think I have been on a sandwich binge lately!  Here's another that I recently tried for the first time and fell in love with! I first found the idea here but we added a little twist of our own!  I decided my hubby needed some MEAT in his!

Here are the ingredients we used!

Apple, Bacon, Brie Cheese, and Sourdough Bread!
















We fried the bacon like you normally would, sliced the apples and cheese thin.  Butter the bread to grill it in the skillet. Layered the cheese and apple onto the bread, and grilled the bread until toasty and cheese melted!  We opened it and added the bacon when it was finished, but I am sure you could layer it in when you add the cheese and apple too. I prefer mine without the bacon but when I am craving meat I throw some on!

The apple gives it a taste of sweetness and the Brie cheese is just lovely all melted and gooey!

We served ours with a new salsa and chips I picked up at Adrian's Boutique in Buhler, Ks! Yum  Yum!  The chips are Tweeds Flax seed & Sesame seed corn tortilla chips (gluten free) & the salsa is Jake & Amos Peach Salsa!
















Let me know if you have any sandwich ideas or recipes you would like me to try! I am all for new recipes! 

Thanks for stopping by!


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!