Thursday, December 20, 2012

Chalkboard Door


Remember on this post when I teased you with something that Milton was making for our home? The time has come to reveal the finished product!

I have wanted a chalkboard on our "always used door" for sometime now. 

I thought it would be nice to have for various reasons!  

Here are a few:

To write my weekly bible memory verse on.
To hang PV's artwork on.
To hang the church calendar on.
To write "love notes" to my family members on.
To have my little children and grandchildren draw and write on it! 
To write prayer requests on.
A place for EVERYONE to put a grocery item that runs out! 
The list is endless I think!

It also gave me a reason to buy these cute little magnets! :)





















Supplies we used to make it were Chalkboard paint, 1 piece of sheet metal, wood and stain leftover from when we built our house.


Milton sanding the sheet metal.










Milton painting the sheet metal with chalk board paint.
(please disregard the messy garage!)





















Sheet metal painted with Chalk board paint - ready to assemble!



































The plain door!


Measuring! See Daddy's little helper!

And more measuring!



The finished product turned out very nice I think.  I am lucky to have a husband so talented, not only at farming but at construction as well.  I know this will come in handy and my grandaughter will love it! She spends hours on the one in PV's bedroom!

I will admit, the chalkboard paint isn't exactly the same as a real chalkboard.  When we went to clean off the chalk on the board with an eraser, didn't remove it all.  So we use a damp cloth to make it clean once again!

We also did some wine glasses as a gift for friend this holiday season with chalkboard paint.  You can find the instructions for that task here.

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!