Monday, September 2, 2013

September Social Media Announcements!

I debated yesterday and today about whether to post something about the "official" announcement of my professional career change to becoming a Farm Bureau Financial Services insurance agent.  

I really went back and forth and was so unsure of what I should say.  Finally I threw caution to the wind, and posted my business card on my personal Facebook page and only wrote "It's Official".  Sometimes a few words are better than alot, right?

























 I am not sure why I debated so much, I mean  I am in sales.  I do have to market myself and the company and isn't social media a great way to do that!  Isn't that an avenue to spread the word about my life changing event?  

Social media can be positive and negative I know.  At the moment, I find it a positive as I was quickly "liked" and collected an array of "kind" words below the photo from friends, loved ones, acquaintances, etc.  

Once again I was blessed, alittle boost of encouragement can go a long with this lady! (Might be revisiting this photo post on days it's alittle gloomier in my office!) 

I wonder though, will the people that see my post give me the opportunity to visit with them when I call them?  Will they remember that I'm the same person I was a month ago, except I now have more knowledge, more opportunities to help, and have agent behind my name? I also wonder, will I mention or share too much insurance knowledge on my Facebook page and become that annoying "friend" they all want to hide or delete.

I like to think that most of them  know me well enough to know I have only the best intentions and want to provide the best service possible.  I've always had that attitude and I will continue being that way. Luckily,  I have more knowledge and passion to enhance the care I want to cover them with! :)

Ironically, 18 years ago on September 4th was the first time I walked into my current office.  I was walking in to start my new job as part time secretary with absolutely ZERO knowledge about insurance.  Tomorrow I will walk into the office as an agent, with more experience, more knowledge, more heart.  I just thought it interesting how September is significant in my professional career.

Thanks for allowing me to share on my blog about our life, our faith, our feelings. 

Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!