Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Comfort Zones, Talents, & Surprises!

Don't you just love it when someone you know, just out of the blue, surprises you!  They do something really out of their comfort zone or something extraordinary.  It could be something that you find rather easy or perhaps it petrifies you too. But when you witness it, whether closeup or from afar, it gives you an exciting feeling from your head to your toes!

Well, my husband kinda did that for me a couple weeks ago.  And for the ones that know my husband, they might be singing "kudos" to him as well  when they find out what he did! He stepped WAY out of his comfort zone!  We will never know the results of his adventure or how it really affected anyone.  But that doesn't matter, for he went beyond his own expectations and mine, and he can be proud of what he accomplished I do believe! 
(Besides I am pretty sure God was happy as a lark too!)

Remember, in this post, where we visited another church a couple weeks ago, 
and I teased that another post was coming.  Well here we go!

The church we attended had an evangelism outreach planned for that Sunday.  We could have easily left that Sunday without participating.They were taking door hangers (below) and hanging them on people's doors inviting them to attend.  Each person was to take 5 and distribute them.  Milton said during the service, let's take them and do it before we leave town! 
Honestly, I about fell off the pew at that moment, but in a good way!



We left the service and Milton started driving through a local community.  He gets out of the car and proceeds to put them on people's doors.  
This is where the warmness in my heart and the smile on my face occurred!  
Yep, I was one proud wife! 

I am going to be honest here, I couldn't get myself to get out of the car, and complete the act my spouse just had. I just couldn't muster up the guts!  
But I felt like I had the best seat in the house witnessing his journey! 

I believe that everyone has talents that can be grown.  Having support, guidance, and faith assists us in growing those talents.  So, even though I didn't get out of the car, I am hoping my support aided Milton this day.  Maybe next time, we will step out together, holding hands, to share the faith that binds us together.

How about you? Do you want to share a special time that you assisted in growing someone's talents or do you have one of your own to share? 
Please feel free to comment! 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a blessed day!
Julie



2 comments:

  1. All I have to say is what I have right now, watery eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LJL - I am thankful you read this post, I hope they were tears of joy! :) LOL May God bless you every day!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!