Sunday, September 23, 2012

Memory Verse Week 2 Are you coming along?


When I began searching and praying for this weeks memory verse, I went back and forth about whether I wanted it to be another verse in regards to worry or something else.  I had searched using my Concordance and Bible and thought I was going to use Hebrews 13:5.   But when I reached for my Bible I found Psalm 51:22 circled and my chest got alittle fuller, I knew it was the one!

HE led me to this verse and I am pretty sure HE has good reason!

Psalm 51:22
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you;
He will never let the righteous fall.

Although it isn't long, I feel it is quite profound and yet simple.  The simple truth of what GOD wants us to remember.

I know as a Mother, later this week will be a difficult one for me.  My middle daughter will be loading up in her car, (with a girlfriend), and driving from Kansas to California to setup home for herself and her currently deployed husband.  He is to return in late October from Afghanistan.  This is only one reason why I think this verse will be quite helpful to me this week! :)  If you pray, please feel free to for her to have safe travels and protection in the days to come, it would be greatly appreciated by me.

I hope some of you are coming along for the ride and memorizing with me!  I love having buddies to do stuff with!  Feel free to comment below with your experiences too! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Julie

 PS:
And yes I am one of those people that highlight, write in, and even put dates in her bible!  I think it's kinda neat to be using my bible and then I see an old date next to it.  "Oh I have been here before, I wonder what GOD is trying to tell me!"  Is usually what runs through my mind when I see the date of days gone by! Just makes me smile thinking about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!