Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Exercise - Yep I'm actually posting this!

I mentioned this particular post that has been in my drafts since early April here.  I decided to throw caution to the wind & post it since a follower was intrigued by the hint of it's existence! 

Ok, I decided to get back on the bandwagon, or better yet the elliptical machine.  The one that literally sits in the same room that I sit and write this blog from. The one I can see out of my peripheral vision while I surf the web for fattening recipes and check in on others on Facebook.  Until a couple days ago, I ignored it quite well.  I wasn't mean, it's not like I covered it up with clothes or threw a blanket over it or had MV take it to the garage. I just acted like it cease to exist.   For two months I did this little dance.  Then I decided, ok it's time to quit ignoring and jump right in!


Elliptical - see how I tried to make it "look"
better by editing the photos! :) LOL

The items below should be reason enough for me to NOT ignore my "machine" of choice, but yet I still proceed with randomness in the workout area of life.

I handle stress better when I exercise.
I sleep better when I exercise.
My mood and libido is MUCH better!
My body fits better into the clothing I already have in my closet!
It will help me live longer and be healthy.
I'm a good example to all 3 of my daughters, but especially the little one that still lives with me daily.
We are going on vacation to California this summer, I think we will be doing some hiking, it's not flat there like in Kansas!
Gives me MORE energy!








I got on my Elliptical and I am telling you what! Wow - and not a good Wow! Usually, when I have not been active on this little puppy for a bit, it's not that hard to complete the workout. UM... not so this time.

I've decided that my body AND the elliptical are conspiring to get back at me for ignoring them both for at least 2 months!  I made it through the first 30 minute workout, but honestly I had to reduce the incline, turn up the ceiling fan, open the window, and suck down a glass of water all while working out!  BUT I did it!

Then I sat down and wrote a blog post.....

I got up the next morning at 5 am and made my way back to the dreaded machine. I only made it about 12 minutes but I wasn't a total quitter.  I headed outdoors to the DARKNESS, put my ipod on, and proceeded to walk fast in my small concrete driveway.

Yep! I was not venturing out into the dark oblivion.  We have skunks here in Kansas and I do not enjoy them or snakes!  The other reason is, and it must be the "city girl" part of me, I like to walk on a firm solid foundation.  I'm not saying I never take walks on the dirt roads with the lovely Kansas breeze flowing through my hair, but I'd take a solid surface any day!

AND a walking partner, mornings work best for me, but I could probably do a few evenings too! You always do better with a partner right?

Too bad we can't combine the scenery of the rural area and a solid walking track for me?  I doubt my farmer would even allow any sort of thing like that, but it was nice to dream for a moment.

So if you happen to drive by at 5:00am you might see a lady with crazy hair, singing, and walking like crazy in her yard. Just wave and smile, don't worry about a thing! She's just getting her exercise in for the day!

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie


PS:  On day 3, I really did not want to get up at 5am, but I made it out of my bed, and of course checked my phone.  In the middle of the night, my oldest daughter sent this text (I assume because she saw my personal FB status from the day before.)

Talking about working out (on a bicycle, but you could apply to an elliptical) : I know going 8.5 out of 10 the next 3 minutes is gonna be hard, but living in a body you hate is harder.

I'm sure she saw it on Pinterest or Facebook or Twitter or something, but it was just the push I needed to do a 30 minute workout on the "E"!

Thanks Tash! See.... it is easier with a partner!

2 comments:

  1. "Living in a body you hate is harder." Nice find Tashley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Thanks for including me! Glad I helped...you're always pushing me to be better, its nice to do pay it back for once! Love you mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!