Monday, May 27, 2013

Cocoa Apple Cake

This cake recipe is one that came from my Mom.  My sister Elizabeth, she makes me a birthday cake from scratch every year.  For years, she would make this particular one for me. So it is one of my favorites, yet I don't make it that often.  Today I wanted to share it with you and spend some time making memories with my little girl.  So we headed to the kitchen! I hope you enjoy it!  We did!






Ingredients

3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup margarine
1/2 cup water
2.5 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tbls. vanilla
2 tbls. cocoa
1 tsp  soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp all spice
1 cup chopped nuts
2 apples (delicious but I used whatever red apple I have on hand) Chop fine (2 cups) can                     be done in a blender too.


Beat eggs, sugar, margarine, and water until fluffy.  Sift flour and spices, add to creamed mixture, and mix.  Fold in nuts, chocolate chips, apples, and vanilla.  Spoon into a greased 10" tube pan (I used my bundt pan).  Bake at 325 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or until done. Serve with whipped topping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!