Sunday, June 21, 2015

Stuffed Shells

One of my oldest daughter's favorite recipes is Mancotti.  I was whipping up a pan for her birthday this past weekend which inspired me to make stuffed shells.  Normally I would make them just as I had for her Manicotti, but I had some italian sausage in my frig to use up.  So I made stuffed shells for lunch and used the sausage!  Our family enjoyed them for lunch! It will be one we make again!  





















Stuff Shells                                                                                          Print Recipe

1 pkg. large pasta shells
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 pound Italian sausage
1 small container of Ricotta cheese
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese

Cook the pasta shells in boiling water for about 9 minutes. Drain and lay out.  Cook the italian sausage until done.  Mix together the ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella, and 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, and the italian sausage.  Pour a layer (about half) of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan.  Stuff the cooked shells. Put them in the pan.  Pour rest of spaghetti sauce over all of them then put rest of cheeses over the top.  Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until heated through.

Hope you enjoy it!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!