Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Entertaining Kitchen - Mother/Daughter Series 2015 - Zucchini Brownies

There are two things I really love in the food world.  Zucchini and Brownies!  I was flipping through my Pink Tractor magazine and found a recipe that called for both.  Luella Fischer-Gregory shared her recipe in this months edition.  It looks as though her blog, Luella's Front Porch has a great collection of recipes to try! Be sure to go and check her out!  I couldn't find this recipe to directly send you too so it is below.

These brownie were delicious, not as sweet as others. I did not make the frosting, but next time I will. That will add the sweetness I was looking for I think. I used up the last of my zucchini from our garden last year.

I invite you try the recipe and let us know how you enjoyed it!  Before long we will have lots of zucchini to use up! This is a great recipe to do just that!













Thanks for stopping by!
Julie & PV

Zucchini Brownies

1/2 c. vegetable oil            
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 c. shredded zucchini

Mix sugars, egg, oil and vanilla until blended.  Add remaning dry ingredients. Stir in zucchini and pour into a greased 13x9 pan.  Bake at 350 until inserted toothpick comes clean.  

Frosting 
5 Tbls. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1/4 c. melted butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and butter, alternately adding milk.  Frost when brownies are cool.

* I attempted several times to contact the original blogger of the recipe through her blog contact page and Facebook but did not hear back. I just wanted to note that, but please be sure to go visit her slew of recipes on her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!