Thursday, July 3, 2014

Lemon Bars

I don't know if it is was the fresh lemon I used, the only few hours old farm fresh eggs,  
the fact that I stored them in the refrigerator overnight, 
or that my palette was longing for sweetness this morning, 
but these little pieces of goodness were DELISH!



And yes, I did eat one for breakfast.  
They were sweet, tart, tangy, and yummy!


Look at that creaminess inside!

My husband loves sweets.  
Homemade sweets to be specific.  
He got home late from wheat harvesting last night and 
he sticks his head in the room where I was and says the following in his
 "I'm so sweet and I love you so much" voice.

"Are those to eat now?"

How can a lady say no to that?

I didn't.

He ate some.

He liked them.

So my first attempt at Lemon bars was a success and I will be making them in the future!
Perhaps this weekend for a family reunion even!

I found the recipe through Pinterest, but you can find the original here.

Please feel free to share this post and let me know if you make them and what you think!
I am looking forward to hearing your responses!

Have a super great day!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!