Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Lazy Peach Cobbler

We have another of my Mother-in-law's recipes to run by you today!  It's simple, it's tasty, and it's one I think you will enjoy! 

Lazy Peach Cobbler

Find your cake pan, I use a small one.  The size is 11x7, but you could probably make this recipe in a 8x8 or 9x9 too I think.

Ingredients needed:


Peaches - 4 or 5. Just enough to cover the batter in the pan!
1/2 stick margarine or butter
1 cup flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. sugar
Cinnamon

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Take the half stick of butter and put in the cake pan. Place cake pan in the oven to melt the butter. Mix in a bowl flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and milk.  ( I actually just did this in the pan with butter, I cutup the peaches while I waited for butter to melt.)

Place the batter in the cake pan once butter is melted. Wash and cut up peaches into slices. Lay the peaches on top of the batter.  You can also mix them into the batter if you prefer, that is what I did.  Take the 1/2 cup of sugar and pour over the peaches.  Sprinkle with a little cinnamon.  Bake about 40 minutes, just till batter is done.  

This time I threw in the corner, as you can by the photo, some of our blackberries from our garden.  It was delish with some vanilla ice cream last night! :)





We hope you enjoy another one of our family's favorite recipes!  Let us know if you try it and what you think!

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!