Monday, December 30, 2013

8 Weeks & My 2014 Word!

The year is winding down and I'm sure I should review 2013, but I have a hard time thinking back past December. So since the new year is almost upon us, I find myself looking to it instead.

I realized recently that as of January 1,  I am heading into the downhill run of the probation period of my career change. Eight weeks to be exact to reach what's been set forth.

Yep! Can you believe I have only eight weeks to "fill my contract" or I get to look for different work?  I know, that sounds harsh and possibly a little negative, but it is what it is.  Honestly I am not out to be the largest producer, I'd just like to stay ahead of the game to keep the worry at bay, and take care of people.   Those of you that know me personally know that serving others is part of my character, not the almighty dollar!

I'm at a good point right now, breaking even so to speak.  But things slowed down over the holidays, which is expected, but a new year means "let's get serious and get down to business"!  At times I find myself excited and ready to hit the ground running, other times I find myself deep in the worry of darkness that keeps me from even putting 
my tennis shoes on for a walk!  


God has provided some wonderful opportunities for me in the past four months tho, some real "hello remember I'm here to take care of you moments" and "where is your faith in me moments".  I'm not sure where this path will go, but I do know that I am feeling more "comfortable" with this new gig more often than not.  I just wish it was easier to get in front of people, to get them to allow me to share my knowledge, practice my trade, and possibly help them out.  Just by spending an hour with me, it helps me immensely, even if they choose not to write insurance with me.

So comes the second part of this post.......


I read somewhere that people sometimes choose a word each year to focus on, instead of resolutions or in addition to them.  The word BRAVE keeps coming to mind.  When I think of this word usually a couple things occur in my mind.

First..... this.....

http://movies.disney.com/brave

Probably because I have a five year old in the house!


Second.... this song...... you can pick which version you like....



From the bible.......

Deuteronomy 31:6
"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them. For it is the Lord your God who goes with you.  He will not leave you or forsake you."

I think I found my word for 2014.

BRAVE

I feel being brave will aid me in many avenues of my life, not just my professional one.  The path that lies ahead will take bravery and courage.

What would your word be?  Ponder for a moment and see what comes to mind.  If you feel like sharing, please comment below or on our Facebook page.  I'd love to know!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a blessed 2014!
Julie
\

PS.
I came home today to find this in my mailbox.
I have the BEST friends! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your word! My word for 2014 is going to be FLY. It is an acronym for Finally Loving Yourself and it is part of a whole system of forming habits to keep everything under control (flylady.net is the website). I started this a few years ago and then got very lax in 2013. It is wearing on me always forgetting things and being behind. Time to do something about it! So I am getting back on the FLYLady bandwagon in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could NOT love this post more! Really, every part of it! Can't wait to see what He does through you in the coming year. Maybe this is the dance....Bible study? Baby shower? THAT would be BRAVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!