Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Butter & Jam Thumbprint Cookies

I really enjoy cookies with filling like the recipe that I am sharing today.  I made these back in July, and am so glad I found the recipe! I normally just buy (on occasion) the filled ones at the store.  Now I can make them and it's actually a pretty simple recipe.  One of the best parts is, I can use my homemade jam too!

I found this recipe in the little cookbook that came with our Food Network mixer we bought. I made some with Strawberry jam and some with Peach jam.  I hope you enjoy the recipe!

Thanks for stopping by!

Julie

Butter & Jam Thumbprint Cookies                               Source: Food Network

1 3/4 C. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 C. unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 C. sugar, plus more for rolling
1 Large egg
2/3 tsp. pure vanilla bean paste or 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup jam

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
2.Whisk flour, baking powder, salt together in a bowl. In another bowl, whip butter and sugar with electric mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes.  Beat in egg and vanilla bean past until just combined.  Slowly beat in dry ingredients, in 2 additions, mixing just until incorporated.

3. Scoop dough into 1 inch balls with a cookie or ice cream scoop; roll in sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Press a 1/2 inch deep thumbprint into the center of each ball. Fill each print with about 3/4 tsp. jam.

4. Bank cookies until edges are golden, about 15 minutes.  Cool on baking sheets. Serve.

Makes about 30 cookies.

They aren't the most prettiest but they are DELISH! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!